The CAA offers a week-long, hands-on workshop in chipped stone technology with Tim Dillard. Tim is an expert flintknapper with over twenty-five years of experience. Informal lectures on tool forms, chert, quarrying strategies, local geology, and technical aspects of knapping will set the stage for sessions in percussion, billet, and pressure flaking. Participants also go on chert collection trips and learn how to heat-treat chert. Experienced and novice flintknappers are welcome!
Recent Blog Comments
- Taylor on Week 3 of High School Field School!
- Center for American Archeology | Week 2 of High School Field School on Sustaining Membership
- Center for American Archeology | Week 1 of High School Field School on Geophysical Survey at Hamburg Cemetery
- Center for American Archeology | Adult Excavation Day with the CAA! on Sustaining Membership
- Center for American Archeology | CAA Education Program Kicking Off the 2014 Season! on Family Excavation Days