2015 Scholarship Opportunities for Women
The Center for American Archeology offers merit-based scholarships for women students for either the High School Field School or the Adult Field School. These scholarships are made possible through a generous grant from the Monticello College Foundation in Godfrey, Illinois, a former women’s college. Questions about the scholarship may be directed to: the CAA Director of Education, (618) 653-4316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships help cover tuition; scholarship recipients are responsible for their remaining tuition balance, travel expenses, and personal spending money. Awards are determined by review of the Statement of Interest and teacher recommendations (as appropriate for program). Award amount varies by applicant; we hope to assist as many women as possible. Because the total amount of scholarship funds available is limited, awards covering tuition in full are not made.
Application Process & Requirements:
High School Field School Program & Advanced High School Field School Program
June 15-July 10, 2015: Female students ages 13-17 interested in applying for a scholarship must submit:
- High School Field School Scholarship Application Form
- A brief (1-2 pages) Statement of Interest, describing your interest in archeology, future education and career plans, and why participation in the High School Field School will help you achieve your goals
- Two Teacher Recommendations forms
The Scholarship Application Form and Statement of Interest should be sent in with the applicant’s complete Registration Packet. Please do not include a tuition or transportation deposit. You will be notified about tuition and transportation costs once scholarships are awarded.
Adult Field School Program
July 13-August 7, 2015: Women 18 and older, who are currently enrolled in college or graduate school and who are majoring, or planning to major, in archeology, anthropology, or a related field (e.g., cultural studies, museum studies, geography, etc.) are eligible to apply for scholarship support. Rising freshmen, or recent college graduates who will be enrolling in a graduate program in the next academic year, are also eligible. To apply, please submit:
- Adult Field School Scholarship Application Form
- Statement of Interest (1-2 pages) describing your interest in archeology, future education and career plans, and why the Adult Field School will benefit you as you work towards your goals. Applicants should indicate how many weeks they wish to attend the program
- One letter of reference from a professor or instructor which may be mailed or emailed separately by your referee to address below.
- Completed CAA Registration without a tuition deposit or transportation fee
The Scholarship Application Form and Statement of Interest should be sent in with the applicant’s complete Registration Packet. Please do not include a tuition or transportation deposit. You will be notified as to the tuition and transportation costs once scholarships are awarded.
Applicants should email or mail their materials to:
Director of Education
Women in Archeology Scholarships
Center for American Archeology
PO Box 366
Kampsville, IL 62053
Deadline: Application review will begin Monday, March 16, 2015. Awards will be made on a first-come, first-served basis, and will continue until grant funds are expended. Scholarship applications will be accepted and probably awarded after the initial review date. Please contact the CAA for information about available scholarship funds.
Please take advantage of this unique opportunity to explore your interest in archeology!