Women in Archeology Scholars 2016
The Center for American Archeology offers merit-based scholarships for women students to attend either the High School Field School or the Adult Field School. These scholarships are made possible through a generous grant from the Monticello College Foundation in Godfrey, Illinois.
Scholarships cover a portion of tuition. Scholarship recipients are responsible for their remaining tuition balance, travel expenses, and personal spending money. Awards are determined by review of the Statement of Interest and teacher recommendations (as appropriate for program). Award amount varies by applicant; we hope to assist as many women as possible.
Please Note: WIA Scholarships are available only for those applying to the CAA’s field schools.
Women in Archeology High School Field School Scholarship
Female students ages 13-17 interested in applying for a scholarship must submit:
- High School Field School WIA Scholarship Application
- A brief (1-2 pages) Statement of Interest, describing your interest in archeology, future education and career plans, and why participation in the High School Field School will help you achieve your goals
- Two Teacher Recommendation forms
- High School Field School Registration without a tuition deposit or transportation fee
Women in Archeology Adult Field School Scholarship
Women 18 and older, who are currently enrolled in college or graduate school and who are majoring, or planning to major, in archeology, anthropology, or a related field (e.g., cultural studies, museum studies, geography, etc.) are eligible to apply for scholarship support. Rising freshmen, or recent college graduates who will be enrolling in a graduate program in the next academic year, are also eligible. To apply, please submit:
- Adult Field School WIA Scholarship Application
- Statement of Interest (1-2 pages) describing your interest in archeology, future education and career plans, and why the Adult Field School will benefit you as you work towards your goals. Applicants should indicate how many weeks they wish to attend the program
- One letter of reference from a professor or instructor which may be mailed or emailed separately by your referee to address below.
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended.
- Adult Field School Application without a tuition deposit or transportation fee
How to Apply
We are not currently accepting applications for the 2017 program. Join our email list to be notified when applications are available.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (618) 653-4316 or email@example.com.