The Center for American Archeology pursues a mission of education, research and public service in archeology. Its purpose is to discover and disseminate the unwritten story of earlier Americans’ lifeways, accomplishments and changing natural environment. The Center fulfills this mission by supporting integrated programs of archeological investigation, educational outreach and cultural stewardship.
The CAA is located in Kampsville, IL. Our business office is in the center of town on the west side of the intersection of IL-100 and IL-108.
The CAA Museum is located just to the south of the business office on the east side of IL-100 at the intersection of IL-100 and Oak Street. The museum is open seasonally from the last Tuesday of April to the Sunday before Thanksgiving.
- Jason L. King, PhD, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathryn Chapman, Education Coordinator: email@example.com
- Joyce Grummel, Bookkeeping: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chuck Titus, Facilities Manager: 618-653-4316
- General: email@example.com
- Education: firstname.lastname@example.org: Questions about all education programs, including Past Lifeways, Scouting merit badges, and field schools.
- Research: email@example.com: Questions about all CAA research, including field projects, collections access, publications, artifact identification, and undocumented sites.
All staff may be contacted by phone at 618-653-4316.